How does the placement works?
After the deadline for submitting the form has passed, school places will be allocated to the children who have applied. This is done in the order set out in the text ‘Allocation of places’ below.
Every child will be allocated a place at the school in the highest possible place on the list of preferences. If there is enough room at the school of your first choice, your child will be allocated a place there. If not, your second choice will be considered. In recent years, over 90% of all children were allocated a place at the school of their first choice.
Allocation of places
The allocation of places at all schools is done in the following order.
For the first choice:
- An older brother or sister is already at the school when the child turns four; this registered child has a guaranteed place.
- a The child has been assessed as requiring at least 8 months pre-school education (voorschoolse educatie, VVE), attends the pre-school affiliated to the school and has priority at this school.
b The child attends an Integrated Children’s Centre (Integraal Kindcentrum, IKC) 2 times a week for at least 8 months and has the school as priority school.
- One of the child’s parents is permanently employed at the school.
- The child has priority at this school.
- The child has no priority at this school.
Applications which have not been allocated a place at the first choice of school will then be placed as follows:
- The child has a priority school as second to tenth choice.
- The child has a non-priority school as second to tenth choice.