Questions & comments
You can find the frequently asked questions and answers regarding the rules and regulations for enrolling your child at a primary school below.
Is your question not included? Do you have any comments? If so, please contact the Helpdesk Stedelijk Toelatingsbeleid via email@example.com or call 020 716 3801 during office hours.
For other questions, please contact Amsterdam School Finder via email
- I am going to move to (another part of) Amsterdam; how do I find a school for my child?
- I am sick/disabled and want my child to attend a school that is as close as possible to my home; will I receive priority?
- My child has special needs; do I receive priority?
- When is it compulsory for my child to attend school?
- Can my child go to a special education preschool?
- When can I apply for primary school on behalf of my child?
- Why are there rules?
Questions about choosing a school
- How does the placement works?
- Which schools does my child have priority at?
- Do all schools participate?
- How is my distance to the priority schools calculated?
- I want my child to attend the same school as his/her older brother/sister. Do I still have to apply?
- How can a child from the same street have priority at different schools?
- I want my child to attend a school with a specific philosophical/religious/educational foundation. Do I have priority?
- Can my child attend a school at which he/she does not have priority?
- Who determines the priority regulations?
Questions about applying
- Where should I send the application form?
- What happens if I only enter a single preference?
- Will I receive confirmation of receipt?
- The information on my application form is not correct. What should I do?
- I have lost my application form. What should I do?
- What happens if I fail to submit my application form?
- It is too late for me to apply. What should I do?
- I have already submitted my application form, but I want to change my order of preference. Is this possible?
Questions about the placement and/or draw procedure
- What happens if my child is not allocated to my first choice of school?
- When will I receive a notification about my child's placement?
- I have a complaint about my child's placement. What can I do?
- How do I know that the draw procedure is conducted fairly?
- I do not agree with my child's placement.